You’re going to find it hard to not take 1,000 photos of this! The separated puddles of color is really unique and just as much fun to observe as it is to actually do it.
- Bath Mat (Ours is from WalMart and here’s a super similar one!)
- Eye Droppers
- Liquid Watercolors
- Fill up several cups with water and add a small squirt of liquid watercolors (start with 10 drops). If you add too much color then the cool colors (green, blue, and purple) will look black in the tiny space. Less is more with the liquid watercolors for this project! Add an eye dropper to each cup.
- Lay a white bathmat upside-down on a table and invite the littles to fill in each suction section with liquid watercolors.
- For older kids, invite them to create designs with the grid-like format of the bath mat. Can they make a house? “Write” their name?
- For clean up, lift it off of the table, shake, and voila! Rinse in the sink or with a hose if necessary in between creative sessions.