These are perfect to (1) spruce up your fridge and make it the most beautiful in the land, (2) give as inexpensive, beautiful, handmade gifts, and (3) add cheer to any magnetic space!
- Clear Glass Gems (I get ours from the Dollar Tree)
- White Cardstock
- Colorful Sharpies
- Magnet Dots
- On a piece of cardstock trace a glass pebble as many times as you want to make magnets (we did 5 per kid).
- Invite your child to color inside each circle with the colorful Sharpies!
- Note: I was sooo surprised and THRILLED at how intricate the kids got with this step! Encourage them to take their time and to be detailed.
- When the coloring is done, add glue directly onto each circle covering each in its entirety. Press a glass gem directly onto each glued circle and press firmly. Let dry.
- When dry, cut out each circle as closely as possible to avoid having paper stick out of the sides of the gem.
- Add a magnet to the back!
- Optional: it might be fun to send these home in little organza bags for an inexpensive, beautiful gift bag!