Colored rice is hands-down one of the eeasiest things to make and you can use it for endless play, art, and sensory bins!
- Large Zippered Bag
- Liquid Watercolors
- Before the messy, fun part, I labeled one bag “warm” and another “cool” so that when we used the bags multiple times for multiple colors we were able to successful avoid accidentally making brown. We made all pink, red, yellow, and orange rice in the “warm” bag and green, blue, teal, and purple in the “cool” bag.
- Add rice to your bag and squirt a generous amount of liquid watercolors. Shake, shake, shake!
- Too much color? Add more rice.
- Too little color? Just add more!
- After your rice is nice and covered spread evenly onto a thin sheet. And friends, this dries quickly! It will likely be ready to play with in just about 10-15 minutes (but don’t store in an air-tight container for about 24 hours just to avoid mold and gross stuff). This will keep for YEARS if stored in an air-tight container.