The prettiest little planets in the Solar System!
- Invite your child to use a blue oil pastel to draw a large circle in the center of the paper for the Earth. Talk about trying to fill up as much space as possible!
- Use your green oil pastel to add land masses. I added concentric shapes inside of mine for added dimension! Feel free to color them in solid, add stripes, make concentric shapes, etc.
- Paint over the Earth with liquid watercolors. I dilute mine so they are lighter letting the oil pastels really have their moment.
- Use a yellow oil pastel to draw stars in the background.
- Paint the background with black liquid watercolors and while the paint is still wet sprinkle on salt (any kind!). The salt will form white spots in the back paint and will continue to react for a day!
** NOTE: The harder you press with the oil pastels the better the process works! Encourage your little to really press firmly **