Raise your hand if you have a massive assortment of magnets but forget to use them as much as you could/should? *my hand goes up* It’s my New Year’s resolution to get better at remembering the magnets because the kids run straight over to them!
- Magnets (Ours is a collection from over the YEARS)
- Large Container (We love these)
All of the open-ended exploration, friends! Add in whatever magnets you have (even if your collection is just starting!) and invite your littles to play, investigate, and explore. Consider even doing a search around your home for extra materials that could be added to this container (ex: paperclips, nuts & bolts).
QUESTIONS TO ASK YOUR CHILD
- “Can you see the North and South poles of the magnets? Why not?”
- “Can magnets make things move?”
- “Can you feel the force between two repelling magnets?”
- “Where do magnets come from?”