Last Updated: November 6, 2022
If you do not agree with the practices we have described in this Policy, please do not share your personal information with us. By sharing your personal information with us, by reaching out to us by email or postal mail, or by accessing or using our Website, you agree to our use of your information as described in this Policy.
What personal information we collect
The categories of information we collect are:
- Contact information, including your name, address, phone number, mailing and email addresses.
- Purchase and related transaction information, including billing and shipping addresses, payment method (debit or credit card number), items purchased, order status, and related contact information.
- Profile and account information, including contact information, purchase information, product, and communication preferences, account credentials, items in your online shopping cart or those saved for future purchase, product review information, gift card information, and other information about your profile or account.
- Information you share during communications and interactions with us, which may include the content of email messages, chat sessions, text messages, and phone calls.
- Demographic information, which may include age or birthdate, gender, zip code, and other information about you.
- Device and Internet browsing information, including information about your browsing activity, IP address, unique device identifiers, cookie identifiers, device and browser settings and information, and Internet service provider information. We may also collect information about when and how you access and use our Website, such as the date and time of your visit or use, the websites visited before and after visiting our Website, how you navigate and what you search for on the Website, the pages visited on the Website, items you view, and the items you purchase.
- Inferences about or derived from any of the information above that may relate to your preferences or other matters.
Our Site is for individuals who are at least 18 years old
Friends Art Lab does not knowingly request or collect personal information from anyone younger than 18 years old.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information in various ways, both directly and indirectly. For example, when you send us postal mail, email us, fill out a form on our Website, place an order through the Website, or provide information to Friends Art Lab, we collect your information directly. We may also collect your personal information indirectly through automated means, for example, when you interact with our Website, we may use technologies to collect information about how you use the Website. We may also receive information about you from third parties including from our affiliates and subsidiaries, social media platforms or from our advertising partners.
We collect personal information when you provide it
We may collect personal information directly from you or your device as follows:
- When you register for a Friends Art Lab account, it is necessary for you to provide personal information that includes your name and email address. You may choose to provide us with additional personal information, including billing, mailing, and shipping addresses, phone number, and a payment method (e.g., credit card). If you make purchases through the Website, you will also create a username and password, information that on subsequent visits helps us confirm your identity and make it easier for you to make purchases on our Website.
- When you shop with us through the Website, we store your browsing history, what you searched for, what you have saved for later, and what you bought (if you make a purchase).
- When you interact with Friends Art Lab, contact us at Friends Art Lab, participate in a contest or giveaway, respond to a survey, engage in a promotional activity, or register to attend an event.
- When you sign up to receive emails, including marketing communications.
We collect personal information from third-party sources
To better understand your preferences, operate our business, and provide you with products and services we believe you will love, we may receive your personal information from the following third parties:
- Friends Art Lab and companies you have interacted with.
- Online social networks if you follow Friends Art Lab on social media sites, for example, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok or Pinterest. We may collect personal information when you communicate with us within the social media sites or use functionalities, plugins, widgets, or tools from social media platforms or networks in connection with our Website (e.g., to log into an account, or to share inspiration, finds, purchases, and other content with your friends and followers on social media) or when you click “Share This” or “Like” buttons. We think it is important to point out that if you make a post on a social media site, such as on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest, or identify us in your social media feed by tagging us using a hashtag (#) or “at” (@), your personal information may be publicly available and is subject to the privacy policies of those social media sites. We recommend you review the privacy policies of any third-party sites you visit to understand the data collection and practices of those third parties.
- Third-party service providers that support our business, including companies that help with our marketing efforts, analytics providers, advertising networks and cooperatives, third parties that share information with us about the different devices you use online, and other third parties that we collaborate or work with.
We collect personal information using automated technologies
Personal information is also collected through automated technologies and shared with us when you visit our Website, open an email, or click on one of our advertisements.
We automatically create website and mobile application log files, which are created when you access our Website. In addition, automated data collection technologies – such as cookies, beacons, tags, software development kits (SDK), and scripts – are used by us to analyze trends, administer the Website, and track users’ movements around the Website. We, and our third-party service providers, also use these technologies to gather demographic information about our user base as individuals and in the aggregate.
A “cookie” is a small text file that is stored on an individual’s computer and downloaded to the computer or mobile device when they visit a website. Cookies then send information back to the originating website on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes that same cookie. We use the following types of cookies:
- Essential Cookies are required to make our Website function properly and cannot be turned off in our systems. If you block these cookies, portions of our Website may not function properly.
- Performance and Functional Cookies allow us to count visits and sources of traffic on our Website so we can measure and improve performance and functionality. They help us know which pages of our Website are most and least popular, and how visitors move around the Website.
- Targeted Advertising Cookies may be set through our Website by our advertising partners. They may be used by advertising companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant advertisements on other websites.
- Social Media Cookies allow you to share information using social media sharing buttons on social networks like Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, or Twitter. This information may then be used by the social media network to deliver targeted advertising to you.
We may combine information collected automatically (as described above) from your interactions with our Services and your activity on third-party sites with other data (including personal information).
If you wish to opt out of allowing certain cookies, you may do so by changing your browser settings so that cookies from our Website cannot be. Please note that if you delete, block, or otherwise restrict cookies, or use a different computer or Internet browser, you will need to renew your cookie management choices.
How we use personal information
We use personal information, including information that we combine from your interactions with our Website, online, your device, or third parties, to conduct our business and to provide you with the best possible products, services, and experiences. We know your personal information is important to you, so we want to be transparent about how we use that information. Here the ways we use your personal information:
- To provide you access to the Website, including to service your account(s) and maintain the security of both.
- To provide you with products and services, including to fulfill your orders, process your payments, and provide you with products and services that we think you will like.
- To respond to or notify you, including when you place an order, reach out to us with a comment, request, or question, enter a contest or giveaway, complete a survey, consent to Friends Art Lab emailing, or texting or calling you about products and services you have asked about or purchased.
- To personalize your experiences with us, including to remember your interests and preferences, customize the products and services we share with you, track and categorize your activity and interests on the Website, including identifying and linking the different devices you use, and to enrich your experience with on the Website.
- For marketing and advertising, including to send you marketing and advertising communications tailored to your interests and more general in nature.
- For analytics, including to understand how you use our Website, how you shop with us, the methods, and devices you use to access our Website, and to make improvements to our Website.
- For business purposes, including to operate and improve our business and business activities, for research, to maintain our programs, accounts, and records; to understand your satisfaction with our products and services including the Website; to detect and prevent fraud or misuse of our services; and for any other business purpose permitted by law.
- For legal and safety purposes, including to defend or protect us, you, our customers, or third parties, from harm or in legal proceedings; maintain the security of our customers, employees, and property; respond to court orders, lawsuits, subpoenas, and government requests; address legal and regulatory compliance; and notify you of product recalls or safety issues.
When we share personal information
We may share personal information we collect from you with third parties, including service providers, business partners, individuals and other third parties, for various reasons.
We may also share aggregated or anonymized information with our affiliates, agents, service providers, business partners or other third parties for their marketing or analytics uses or for any other lawful purpose. This type of information cannot be used to identify you personally.
Note that it is our policy to require that third parties we share your personal information with protect that information consistent with this Policy and applicable law.
We use interest-based advertising
As mentioned above, we work with third-party companies that support our advertising and marketing efforts, including to serve interest-based advertisements across the Internet; track and categorize your activity, interests and device(s) used over time on our Website, and on third-party websites and mobile applications.
We may also share other information at our discretion, including information collected by automated technologies, which may be used by third parties for their own marketing, advertising, and other purposes.
We use third-party analytics providers
We use analytics services, including Google Analytics, to better understand how customers use our Website to improve those technologies and optimize your experience and interactions.
We may share feedback you provide to us
We are excited when customers want to share feedback with us about the products and services they have purchased and what we offer. If you submit an online review, including if you include a photo, please be aware that this feedback may be publicly shared and used by us on the Website without compensation or attribution.
Your options and legal disclosures
We recognize that you want choice not only in the products and services we offer, but also in how your personal information is used and shared. We currently offer the following choices and options:
- Viewing your personal information. You can access your name, email address, billing address, shipping addresses, payment methods, transaction information (purchases and email by logging into your account on the Website.
- Updating your personal information. You can also correct or update your name, email, billing or shipping addresses, and payment methods by logging into your account on the Website. You may also make a request to update your personal information by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Interest-based Advertising. To manage your third-party advertising preferences, please visit the National Advertising Initiative Consumer Opt Out page and the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Consumer Choice Tool. Please note that even if you opt-out of receiving interest-based advertising, you will still receive advertisements, but they will be more general in nature.
- Email Choices. You can opt out of marketing or advertising emails by following the unsubscribe process included in the promotional email you received or by logging into your account and indicating your preference. You may also request to opt out of marketing or advertising emails by contacting us at email@example.com. Please keep in mind that you if you opt-out of receiving marketing messages, you will still receive transactional and service-related e-mails from us (such as e-mails related to your order, correction of personal information, password reset requests, reminder e-mails you have requested, updates to our terms and policies and other similar communications essential to your transactions on the Website) that may be necessary for us to make the Website available to you or respond to your inquiries.
How we secure personal information
We have implemented industry-accepted administrative, physical, and technology-based security measures to help protect against lost, misuse and alteration of your personal information in our possession and under our control. We ensure that Friends Art Lab, contractors, and third-party service providers who have access to personal information in our systems acknowledge their obligations and commit to safeguarding that information.
While we use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, no method of transmission over the Internet is 100 percent secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information. We strongly encourage you to take steps to help protect the confidentiality and security of your account information (including your personal information), including by:
- Reviewing your Friends Art Lab account periodically and immediately reporting any unexpected activity or unrecognized information
- Installing the latest security updates and anti-virus software on your computer to help prevent malware and viruses
- Using a complex password that includes a minimum of 7 alpha/numeric and cAsE sEnsitive characters
- Not using the same password for more than one online account
- Not sharing your password
- Password protecting your computer and mobile device
- Signing out/logging off the Website once you have completed your session or transaction so that your session is closed, especially when using a public computer
Please be aware that you may come in contact with websites, or receive emails, or texts that try to lure you into providing personal information. Friends Art Lab does not sponsor or endorse these offers. If you become aware of any potentially fraudulent activity on a website, or in an email or text message you receive, please forward the information to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can follow up.
Links to other sites
Links to Other Websites and Services. Our Website may provide links to Internet sites, content, or videos (embedded or direct links) maintained by third parties. We are not responsible for the sites, content, or videos available via those links, and we have not reviewed the privacy practices of those third parties. We encourage you to review the privacy practices of any third-party sites you choose to access.
If you have questions about this Policy or our privacy practices, please contact us at:
Friends Art Lab
5361 Delta Drive
Rocklin, CA 95765
Updates to this policy
We may make changes to this Policy, and may apply any changes to information previously collected, as permitted by law. Please be sure to check this Policy for updates from time to time as we will review it at least every 12 months and make updates as necessary.