Kids love our best-selling sensory kits that burst with learning and play! Our ready-to-go pond sensory bin brings fun right to your doorstep.
What is a pond sensory kit?
Our pond sensory kit is a full thematic sensory bin ready to open and use immediately.
We LOVE sensory bins and have always championed their importance, and we’re thrilled to share this carefully curated kit designed for children ages three and up.
For this bin, we do all the prep, brainstorming, planning, and packing, so you just open and go.
Related: Check back often to see what other themed sensory kits we create throughout the year
What’s included in the pond sensory bin?
This kit includes everything your child needs for hours of fun.
In this kit you will find:
- A pack of beautiful frogs in a reusable, snappable bag
- Beautiful rocks
- Frog eggs (they might look like googly eyes…)
- A yellow scoop for catching frogs
- Rubber duckies
- Two brand-new children’s books
- Glowsticks for nighttime pond
- Eye droppers
- Clear bowls
- One DIY lily pad frog kit
- A brick of floam for “frog boats”
- Beautiful leaves and greenery
- Foam bug shapes
- Insect beads
- A floating lily pad
- A green bandana to play on
Also, included in the pond sensory bin is a teacher/family guide explaining how to set this up, additional activities to do and make with the materials, and an overview of how to use the contents.
This pond sensory bin will have your kids frog-jumping for joy
With decades of teaching experience under our belts, we know the best types of materials to keep kids involved in engaging play and learning.
Each item is intentionally thought of and included for specific learning possibilities.
One of the best parts of these kits is that your child can always add things they love from home or the classroom.
Sensory play is open-ended and has limitless learning potential.
Check out the video
What are kids learning when playing with this kit?
One hundred billion things, including:
- Float and sink: Explore how many frogs can sit in a froggy boat before it capsizes
- Vocabulary: Learn new words from the materials and books
- Spatial awareness: Learn how many frogs can fit on a lily pad
- Teamwork: Complete the DIY kit with friends or adults
- Tactile exploration: Explore the difference between dry and wet
- Creativity: Name and play with the beautiful collection of plastic frogs
- Force and motion: Watch as the materials move in the water with different currents
- Fine motor: Use the eye droppers to add splashes of water to play
Sensory play is an authentic, meaningful tool for learning creativity, fine motor skills, math, science, literacy, and social skills.
The pond sensory kit makes for an incredible, out-of-the-box gift, too.
Use this kit with kids ages three and up, however no matter the age, children should always be supervised when playing with any contents from the kit.
Absolutely! You can get years and years of fun out of your pond sensory bin.
It can! One of my favorite things about floam is that it can get wet and that it floats. When you’re finally done playing, let it dry out completely before storing it back up.
A pond sensory kit is just right
You’ll discover a whole new world once you explore sensory learning with your child.
We cannot wait to see your sensory kit in action and to hear how much your kids love it, too.